Saturday, May 15, 2010

What is happening to me?

I have become quite the little cook lately as you know and last night I started getting adventurous....I made shrimp enchiladas. It is a recipe I came across while blog hopping and decide to try it out. What is the worst that can happen? McDonalds is just around the corner.... I have never cooked a whole lot because since I haven't lived at home it hasn't been worth cooking something major for meals because I was only cooking for one so like most college students I would just do the usual sandwich mac and cheese, top roman, etc. Although I have watched and kind of helped my mom a whole lot, me being alone in the kitchen making a full meal has not happened very often and let alone every night of the week. But I've put on a brave face and decided to take on this task that 2 single men gave me two weeks ago and keep throwing people into the group....at first I felt over load and thought "how the crap am I going to be able to please all of these hungry people every night of the week? We can't have chicken and rice, and meatballs rice, with some breakfast for dinner every night this summer and that is all I really feel comfortable with!" But after a few minutes of stressing I decided this was a good chance to learn and we would be saving money because if it wasn't for me cooking me and my 5 sales people would be finding a restraunt at 9:30 every night when they get home from selling. So why not waste some time at night being productive? Although when this started I never thought that I would get brave and branch out from the things I feel comfortable making just because I have watched it done by my mom so many times. Is it Love? Boredum? My mother rubbing off on me? Growing up? I don't know but I like it! After a week of cooking I guess I'm feeling comfortable in the kitchen....BRING ON THE CRAZY IDEAS!! Watch out Chicago....Megan's in the kitchen....

After that little Ramble let me say what I was really going to say in this post I made Shrimp Enchiladas and every seemed to have liked them...McKay told me on a scale 1-10 10 being the highest they were an 8...maybe that was just McKay being McKay...I guess the real test is to see if they keep talking about them and I find myself making them again....But I thought they were good I feel good about the finished product...I was nervous while making them but I was happy with them....

Before they were rolled....

Going into the over...yes I had to double it that is how may people I feed.....

The finished product.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like your new blog!! you finally found somethig you like

Anonymous said...

oh, that last comment was from mary

The Martin Family said...

Wow Megan! I am impressed. There are a ton of good cooking blogs out there. Keep it up. My mom is a great cook too. I wish I would have paid more attention to her.