Life is good! I love Chicago...especially the lightening storms! I have been doing a lot of taking it easy before I start working along with a lot of cooking....I have been assigned the cook of our dinner group (this includes 4 boys and 2 girls) it is much different than cooking for just me with McKay joining me on a rare occasion but I am enjoying it and feel it is good for me....I have part of my mother in me and love to spend time in the kitchen although I am beginning to notice I need to start collecting recipes...if you have any yummy recipes that are not too difficult (or time consuming considering the fact I'm starting work soon) I would love for you to send them my way. This weekend will be our first weekend here in Chicago and I'm super excited to hit the town! We haven't been downtown yet so I am excited about that and will for sure take some pictures.
Also some other great news...Some of you may know that ever since I have started dating McKay (over a year ago) we have had a constant walmart VS Target battle. He is a walmart shopper and I live for Target. It is nothing that hurt our relationship but it is a fun thing we do....try to battle out which one is better. So one of his big things is there is super target which is full of everything then there is target which doesn't have nearly as much stuff and Walmarts always have everything no matter where it is. Well I keep telling him that there are walmarts that are smaller and just like target walmart doesn't always have a huge grocery section or whatever and he then has gone onto ask me if I've ever seen a walmart without produce and all that jazz I would answer no but reassure him I haven't been in very many walmarts so it has to be out there somewhere...well I am happy to say yesterday I needed garlic bread and found a hidden walmart close to our apartment complex so decided I'd stop in for some garlic bread...I am excited to admit that this walmart was worse than any "TARGET" I have EVER been in! There was no produce, no bakery, a candy isle, and a cereal isle, and that was all the grocery was. I brought this up at the dinner table and had one of our friends admit that even though he does LOVE Walmart there are too any of those Walmarts that let people down....so Blog I am on my way to winning this year long debate....I'm getting closer....
And that is my life as we know it today...
Friday, May 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Target wins...hands down! Seriously, there is no competition.
Just went on a walk and saw your cute mom. I am going to get your address from her and send some easy recipes to you. Easy is all I do!
You are going to have quite the adventure this summer. Be careful and have fun.
Definitely on Team Target!!
Sounds like you are having so much fun. I miss Chicago!
I have a super easy, delicious crock pot Chicken Enchilada recipe if you have a crock pot & want it! Let me know!
I'm pretty sure the Walmart closest to our house in the family center doesn't have a grocery.
Jenny- I would love that!
Meg- I don't have a crockpot but I'm thinking about purchasing one....Would you mind sending it to me anyway though?
Heath-Thanks I'll remember that and add it to my list...
Post a Comment