Friday, June 5, 2009

Oh the working life....

Today I started a summer full of nannying. From the first day all I can say is...This will be an adventure. Story of the day....
So I am nannying a 5 year old and a 7 year old....and we were having a lemonade stand and they were not happy with the amount of customers they were having so they decided we should go mobile...and stupid me even realizing it would start raining any second thought ok ya we can do that. So we got out their truck (just like the barbie jeep every girl dreams to have as a child) and we put the lemonade and pebbles they were selling in the back along with the umbrella they had prepared themselves with and I followed on foot. Well a few blocks away from home and....YUP...you guessed it...it started to POUR! and so of course the boys got out their umbrella and they were good to go and I just thought ok maybe it'll stop soon and we turned around to go home well...while I was getting poured on and the boys were staying dry their truck dies...and of course I have to push them....3 blocks in the rain home....so I thought what the heck and started pushing....they thought nothing of it and all I could do was laugh. By the time we got home I was soaked, they were dry, and I got a good workout from running pushing a truck and 2 boys 3 blocks in a down pour....
What an interesting day with many more to come...I LOVE MY JOB!

No comments: