Monday, May 25, 2009

It can't end...

Some of you are going to be rolling your eyes while others may shed tears with me...but I can't help but share what happened tonight and my feelings...

As most of you know I am a fan of Jon and Kate plus eight. Tonight season five started and it was HEARTBREAKING! For those of you who don't know...there has been a lot of drama in the marriage of Jon and Kate (you'll have to research to hear the whole story or just give me a call it is too much to blog) and it is so sad to see the kids having to suffer through their parents issues! I hope so much that things between Jon and Kate will get better not only so I can keep watching the crazy life they live but also so the kids don't have to do the whole single parent life....These kids don't deserve it...they are too cute!! (thanks Sarah for sitting next to me and crying with me through the whole hour!)

Although I am heartbroken for the eight kids it makes me realize how luck I am to have to gospel in my life. I was talking to a friend about it today while preparing for what I knew would be a hard episode to watch and he said, "Megan it is going to be fine everything will work out" and I said, "No it won't! Jon and Kate can't do this!" and he said, "I guess I understand the plan better than you do." It kind of hit me. He is right. Everything will work out. If we stay close to our Heavenly Father he will stay by our side and carry us through hard times! It is sad that this family doesn't have that knowledge I do. I wish that they could understand the plan too! I can't even imagine going through hard times not having the knowledge and the blessings the gospel brings. I am so glad that I have the gospel in my life and also friends to remind me when I get caught up int he world that things will work out!

Jon and Kate....stay strong! You can over come this!!!

2 comments:

The Martin Family said...

I JUST watched a segment on this story on the Today Show minutes ago. SOOOO sad.
Yes, be grateful we have the gospel.
So, do you think they both cheated?

Kelley Anne said...

megan barton I am so glad you posted about Jon and Kate! and "your Friend" is a good man!