I don't even know where to start...I guess I'll start by announcing my family's countdown....2 WEEKS!!!
The next topic....As I come to the end of my first year at UVU I have done a lot of pondering and looking back and also looking into my future. I will share some of my thoughts with you....
It has been almost a year since I graduated from Brighton and had nothing on my mnid but worrying about how I'm going to survive away from my mom and if I really wanted to move to Orem. I still haven't figured out either of those questions (How am I going to survive without my mom? Do I really want to be in Orem?). But at the same time I wouldn't give the last year for anything. I definately have had my ups and down and times that I thought I wouldn't survive and although the first semester was one of the most challenging things I've ever done and I almost gave up and moved home I'm glad I didn't.
It is crazy how fast life goes from going to high school dances and having dating as a game and never studying much (or at least thats the amount it seems I studies after I entered college life) and having your parents hold your hand through day to day to dating always having the question of marriage popping up somewhere, doing almost nothing but studying all day, having to make some of my own choices, and being somewhat on my own, and the hardest one for me although I've been better lately...being expected to not have a bed time. Yes, I've grown up and am not a little girl anymore. So now what....
I've known for quite sometime that I've wanted to be a elementary school teacher. Although when I think of my future I think do I really want to volunteer the rest of my life? What if I never get married or divorced and have to support a family on a teacher income? Don't I want to do something that will allow me to be a bit more successful? But my answer came to me last night in the fastest 3 hour class I've ever sat through. I have a Wed. Night Children's literature class from 5-8 and most of the time I am not too excited to be there but last night I was very touched. We talked about why anyone would want to be a teacher and the rewards you get from being a teacher. and I WANT TO BE A TEACHER! I want to make a difference. I can't wait to have a classroom of my own and teach kids and have them teach me.
So as I have pondered my life, my patriarchal blessing, and loved ones I've come to know that where I am and where I'm going is incredible whether I like it or not. To sum up the last year I have grown physically, mentally, and spiritually and am on my way to great places that I can't wait to reach!
Sorry this post was kind of unorganized and probably doesn't make sense but that is the best I can do right now at trying to put into words what I have felt the last little while. I'm so grateful for the life I've been given along with the people that have been brought into my life to help me through the journey, especially my family! I love you all!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
LOVE this post! Of course I am a teacher so I completely agree with your decision. I do have to say that there are a lot of great professions out there, but with teaching you can TRULY change someone's life. Just think...the ONLY thing we can take with us is our relationships and KNOWLEDGE. You will be more powerful than you think. Seriously, some days I taught values and gospel principles (everyday life stuff and lessons) more than the curriculum.
I am so excited for you and even more excited that you KNOW you are doing the right thing! We NEED better teachers!
Hurry up so you can teach my girls!
Post a Comment