This past weekend was stake conference for my stake here in Orem. Although I didn't attend the Saturday Night session I did go to the Sunday morning session and loved it. We got a new stake presidency and Elder Bednar was there and spoke! He gave an awesome talk and am so glad I was there to hear it.
Oh of the most interesting things that he said that stood out to me was directed toward the girls in the room. He said "RM or Return missionaries is just a title just because a young man has the title does not mean he is qualified for you to marry him." He went on to say that marrying a guy who is not a returned missionary can be better than marrying a "RM". It kind of shocked me but at the same time I had to agree with him, especially knowing and hearing about some RMs in this world. He also said that if you are told me your partner that he had revelation that WE are to get married then run away. While dating you partner is not able to have a revelation for you.
In the middle of saying all of this he said "I don't know why I'm talking about this other than there is at least one person that needs to hear it" and continued on with what he was planning on talking about....which was along the lines of how incredible leadership in our church is. Isn't it amazing what the spirit can do?
Bednar is one of my favorites. He has quite the sense of humor too. Great talk.....
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so jealous. I totally got the chills when reading this post. Yes, the spirit is amazing!
Post a Comment