Thursday, March 4, 2010

Chile Earthquake....

The earthquake has kind of hit "home" to me and my family if you will. We have a very good family friend who is serving his mission in the Santiago East mission and his companion I also hung out with a little in high school. Knowing people over in Chile brings a whole new twist to hearing and seeing what has happened over there. Yes, it is interesting and sad to anyone but having known someone over there I have kept closer tabs on the whole situation.
Today I got an e-mail from my mom with this link on it
http://www.meridianmagazine.com/churchupdate/100303chile.html
this is a article from the mission that my two friend are serving in and just think it is very interesting. The Lord definately protects us.
I am so thankful to have the gospel in my life and the knowledge I have that with the Lord on my side everything will be ok as long as I follow him....just a few thoughts I've had over the last week....

1 comment:

The Martin Family said...

Ryan served his mission in Chile as well. He has been emailing people like crazy. What is going on in the world. Pretty scary. Thank goodness for the gospel.