Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Oh how I love roommates......

Well, school started today....and I don't even know where to start with this post. I guess from the beginning. I finished work yesterday at about four and headed down to Orem excited to finally organize all my stuff and find all my belongings I hadn't seen in a while.

When I arrived at my apartment there was one roommate home she introduced herself and we went our separate ways. The first impression was good. No red flags. I though even though the apartment was filthy all I would need is some Clorox and a rag and it would be good to go before I leave town on Friday afternoon.....

Well things quickly changed my mind. An hour later I had girls that had never even said hi to me going through my DVD and who knows what else come to find out one of them is my room roommate and who knows who the others were....soon music was blasting along with every swear word in the book from the music and every one of the 50 girls in our kitchens mouths. I went and sat in my friend across the hall (Brittany) room and we both just looked at each other and said "is this how it always is" one by one each one of the 50 girls came to see who was moving in and a few told us there names and back into the party they went. After about an hour and a half we were both ready to go home but just decided to go have some dinner and go back, finish unpacking, go to bed and hope everything was just a night before school party. Well....when I was getting ready for bed everyone in Orem that has tattoo and or piercings was in my kitchen (not to be judgemental or anything but there were some pretty creepy looking people there) You know it is a bad sign when you are worried about going to sleep.

To shorten the story....my mom showed up today...We went to share with the office my night last nights events and an hour and twenty minutes later all my stuff was out of that apartment and into a new one...and LIFE IS GOOD. The roommates I have met so far are so cute and I'm so excited to get to know them better....College life is good as of 2:30 today!

Thanks mom and dad for everything you do for me! I love you much and couldn't have done this all without you!!!

1 comment:

The Martin Family said...

What would we do without our moms??? Good luck with everything!

I cried on your mom's shoulder today when Druby went to school. sniff sniff! Sometimes it stinks being a mom!