Friday, August 21, 2009

BYU Education Week.....

This week for sure was not boring....

It was education week at BYU this week and although I didn't go I participated (in a way). Every year Isaak and Ben's aunts and grandma go to education week and I babysit the kids for 12 hours a day 3 of the days that week.... This is a big event for the Reynold's girls! Lisa and her girls come from New Jersey along with Emily and Ashley comes up from where she is living...last year Idaho this year Cedar and they all go together....

This year was different than years in the past though because on top of Alexa, Kira, Eliza, and Dallas there was Isaak and Ben because I am their nanny....This resulted in a crazy, fun week. I would head over to The Reynold's house at 6:45 AM and watch the girls and Dallas until 8:30 when it was time to head to Isaak and Ben's, Alexa and Kira would join me and Sarah watched the "babies".

I think the boys and I went on more field trips this week than we have all summer! We started out our fun week with the girls going to a gymnastics "day camp" the kids went to a near by gym and played from 9-12 and I did my own thing then we finished off the day going to Willow Creek Country Club and going swimming and having lunch there...always a fun outing! I love the pool! I guess I was having so much fun I forgot to take pictures...OOPS....maybe when I have kids of my own I'll be better at it :)

Wednesday was our break day....


Then back at it on Thursday! We started out with a trip to the Children's Museum at the Gateway.....






Then a quick cool down at the gateway fountains after the museum....






And today we went to the Aquarium and to lunch....


I don't have any pictures from lunch but here is a story....
So the kids got balloons on our way out to the car and they were all so excited. (FREE balloons?! Nothing better than that!! or at least they thought so!) On the way home Alexa thought of an "AMAZING" idea, she was going to write a note to Taylor Swift telling her how excited she was for her concert in NY next week and how much she loves her, tape it to the balloon, and send it off through the air to Taylor (hoping it would get there)! What a great idea right?! So she wrote the note, taped it on, and outside we went to send it off.....well it didn't make it too far just right up into the trees....but her Uncle Steve said he would take care of it no worries....so Taylor....look out for it!! It is coming your way!!!

I love the fun ideas kids think of and how much faith they have in the impossible...

What a fun week.....I can't believe another education week has come and gone!! Thanks for playing with us girls!! The boys always enjoy having friends over especially their cousins!! See you at Christmas Girls!!

1 comment:

The Martin Family said...

I love the Reynolds family. So fun you could watch their cute kids.