I've been thinking a lot lately about the choices I have made and the life that I have lived so far and continue to live. A few weeks ago an acquaintance of mine passed away and following that I have known of a few more deaths that have taken place and one who is watching to continue on into the next life. Having two of these people being 19 has really hit me. Although they both had their own situations, one being a special needs and everyone knowing that he was not going to be able to live as long as some people do, it has really hit me just how fast life can end. We never know what is going to happen and when our time here on earth is going to be through.
While thinking about this I have found myself many times asking myself, "Have I lived a life I will be proud of? Am I doing the things I should/want to be doing?"
On top of wondering if I am on the right track and in a situation that whenever my time to graduate this life will be I have reminded myself over and over again how grateful I am for the beliefs I have and that I can see my loved ones again whether it is me that passes away or a love one that passes away. There are many people who don't believe the same things I do, which is fine, but I am so glad that I do.
I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and the things that it has done for me.
This post sounds like I am planning on not living much longer but it is not like that at all. Watching classmates being buried has just made me stop and think. Although these two are not the first classmates I've watched be buried it has hit me more than before. Don't get me wrong...the ones in the past have effected me and I have stopped and thought about life but I don't know what it is....maybe it is just because I have matured more or something.
Life is so valuable....Live your life to the fullest so when your life on earth is through you can be proud of what you did with thise precious time and the accomplishments you had.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have had serious thoughts like that before....you forget...then something happens and you are back to thinking how precious life really is. Thanks for the reminder. FYI...you are living a life that you can definitely be proud of. Just look around if you don't believe me. Oh if my girls can only be so good.
Post a Comment