Sunday, January 11, 2009

NOT IN MY KITCHEN....

Jenny, since you are the only one who reads this I'll write you your own little message. :) After this happened it didn't take me more than 2 minutes to tell myself that I had to blog this for you. They tried to get me to take pictures and a refused...sorry!...I don't know that you would have wanted to see it anyway.
So, as an apartment we decided we were kind of antisocial and were going to help eachother out and encourage eachother to be social.
So....my roommate Brittney had to take a textbook to an apartment of boys in our ward today and I tagged along. We were invited in and just hung out for a little while. They asked what we were doing with the rest of our day and told them we were going back to our apartment to make cookies. They asked if they could come make them with us so just being the nice girls we are (and with our new goal to be social) we agreed to let them come. They came and we had a good time making the cookies.
After a few hours the two boys, Josh and Adam, decided they wanted to go shooting. They tried to get us to come but we denied the offer. Josh said that he eats everything that he kills so he would for sure try whatever he got today. Since we denied the offer to go they told us they would bring the animal back to share with us. We demanded them to not bring any dead animal into our apartment.
They left and a few hours later came walking back in. We made it very clear that they were not allowed in the apartment with any creature. They assured us they didn't have anything....UNTIL....they walked into the kitchen and pulled out a bag with A DEAD SPARROW inside!!! they pulled out the cutting board and started tearing the thing apart, took out a pan, and started cooking the poor bird! They then put it on a paper towel and shared the meat of the bird AND the heart! They thought it was funny but we definately did not. After eating the animal they left and we immediately got out the bleach and soaked the place in bleach!
I knew college life was an adventure...but I didn't know I would have to put up with boys who go on hikes and bring dinner back...GROSS...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow meg that's gross. I'm sorry. Don't make cookies for those bros again!

The Martin Family said...

Yikes! Yes...good goal to be be social, but be selectively social next time. Unless, Josh and Adam are incredibly hot with awesome testimonies, drop 'em. I guess anyone who does what they did to a bird probably does not have those qualities previously mentioned. Funny story!

Continue to keep me posted! I love having a whole entire blog written just for me!!!!:)