so I kind of just threw out the fact that we were leaving and didn't really give much other details but there wasn't much more to give. The pest control office we were at just was in a bad market and McKay just wasn't having the success he needed to make enough money this summer and on top of that I just wasn't having much luck with jobs, nothing I was thrilled about. Nanny jobs just either didn't seem right or I wasn't getting them for weird reasons so we decided that it was best to head to the security office that was in the last debate between pest control vs security. One of us had to make money and this is the only way it was going to happen.
So McKay decided we were headed to Knightdale NC whether any of the guys in the pest control office wanted to come or not and I started packing the kitchen stuff and my own stuff and we were out of our apartments in less than 24 hours from deciding to come here. It all happened so quick but after much discussing and analyzing his was best for us.
I had a few days I was bitter about this just because I had a job in this security office but then McKay decided he didn't want to do security so I had to give it up so not only did I give it up for nothing but I went through and emotional/stressful month in Chicago and now had to do it in NC where I should have had a job. But I knew it was best so I was in the process of getting over that.....
We left Chicago on Wednesday and got to NC on Thursday evening and woke up Friday morning and hit the streets to find me a job. After picking up a handful of applications I had had enough for the day and I finished filling applications out of Saturday morning and turned a few in and was done with the job hunt for a few days. I knew I would find something here because I knew I was supposed to be here and found many places that were hiring. We had a fun Sunday relaxing before McKay hits the summer hard and I planned to wake up today spend some time at the pool then get back to job searching well plans changed fast!
I woke up and was all ready to go to the pool when I got a text from McKay asking if I had showered and telling me I needed to get ready fast because he had a BIG surprise for me. I was so confused because he was in his morning meeting and about to go out selling and didn't know what it possibly could have been that I had to get ready. So I decided to be obedient and just humor him for a minute. I showered and while doing my hair McKay knocked on the door and when I opened it he had a big smile on his face and said, "You have a job in the office." I of course was such a happy camper and kind of speechless for a few minutes and then had to make sure he was serious. Sure enough I have the job....not only will I be working and making money but I don't have to even drive to work! The office is in the same building as my apartment! I will be working almost the same hours as McKay Monday-Saturday! The only down side....no more summer pools days for me! After I celebrated for a few moments I realized I'm grown up and I don't like it. So I made sure to fit in my one and only pool day today and now I am a working woman....and a white one at that....I'm going to miss my summer afternoons at the pool but I'm sure I will get used to it and I am super excited to be the Office Assistant of the AMP security Knighdale Office!!
My Heavenly Father definately has a plan here and I know that I didn't belong in Chicago and that is why I was having issues with getting a good job. Now here I am and the pieces are falling right where they belong :)
Monday, June 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good for you. So glad to hear everything is working out. I can't wait to hear about your new set up.
Yep, being a grown up is hard work....that WILL eventually pay off. Good luck with everything and keep me posted!
Post a Comment